11/2/2019 9:00 – 11:00 AM
Group health care visits offer consistent support and engagement for patients managing chronic conditions. In addition, they support providers’ goals by encouraging care plan compliance and collaboration, improving throughput and facilitating patient education. This session will enable participants to engage in a design charrette to develop new solutions in the built environment to empower and expand group care. These solutions will be used to create a mock up of the ideal group care clinic, which will be the subject of the Healthcare Design 2020 Patient Experience Simulation Lab.
- Tammy Thompson; President, Institute for Patient-Centered Design, Inc. Strategic Design & Innovation Team; Medical University of South Carolina
- Hal Hudson; Former Director of Facilities, Avista Adventist Hospital; President, MockWall Systems, LLC
- Becky Smith; Vice President, LS3P, LTD
- Scott Stewart; Principal Owner, ASK Research & Development, Inc.
- Julie Elliott, Instructor, School of Interior Design, LSU
- Marsha Cuddeback, Director and Professor, School of Interior Design, LSU