11/7/2020 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Attend this unique, one of a kind, in-depth workshop where you will be matched with an industry expert who will be your coach for the day. Have you wondered what Evidence-based design (EBD) is and would like to incorporate this process into your practice or on your next project? If so, this interactive session will provide you with an introduction to the steps of the Evidence-based design process and offer practical guidance to get you started. You will receive individualized coaching tailored to your specific questions and issues. Don’t miss this opportunity to be in the same room with many industry icons and experts, e.g. Kirk Hamilton, Anjali Joseph, Mardelle Shepley, Jane Rohde, Julie Kent, Alberto Salvatore, and many more who will be available as coaches for the day. The workshop is a blend of educational content and collaborative discussion that will prepare you to be a better client or partner by giving you the information and tools to address some of the challenges facing healthcare today.
Once you register for this workshop, The Center for Health Design will contact you to complete a questionnaire prior to attending the session. This information will be used to match you with a coach and other colleagues. In addition, each attendee will receive a bundle of EBD books and resources from The Center for Health Design ($250 retail value). Registration is $395/person with a 20 percent discount for EDAC Champion and Advocate firms. Space is limited to 40 participants on a first-come, first-served basis. Participants are also invited to attend the EDAC Examination Prep Workshop, which follows this session, for no additional fee. A light breakfast and lunch will also be provided. See below for list of coaches.
- Addie Abushousheh, PhD, Assoc. AIA, EDAC, Research Associate, The Center for Health Design
- Jeri Brittin, PhD, Director of Research, HDR
- Barbara Dellinger, MA, AAHID, IIDA, CID, EDAC, NCIDQ, Director of Design and Research, Adventist Healthcare
- Kara Freihoefer, PhD, NCIDQ, EDAC, LEED AP, Director of Research, HGA
- Phyllis Goetz, EDAC, LSSYB, President, Kimball
- D. Kirk Hamilton, PhD, FAIA, FACHA, EDAC, Julie & Craig Beale Endowed Professor of Health Facility Design, College of Architecture, Texas A&M University
- Anjali Joseph, PhD, EDAC, Professor | Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System Endowed Chair in Architecture+Health Design, Director, Center for Health Facilities Design and Testing, School of Architecture, Adjunct Assoc. Professor| Department of Public Health Sciences, Clemson University
- Julie Kent, EDAC, Director, Facility Planning & Integration, Trinity Health
- Fernanda Pires, EDAC, Green Belt Certified for Facilities Design, Senior Healthcare Planner, Array Architects
- Jane M. Rohde, AIA, FIIDA, ASID, ACHA, CHID, LEED AP BD+C, Green Globes CIEB Assessor Principal, JSR Associates Inc.
- Alberto Salvatore, AIA, NCARB, EDAC, Associate Principal | National Healthcare Design Leader, HED
- Peter Sharpe, EDAC, Vice President, Irwin P. Sharpe & Associates
- Mardelle McCuskey Shepley, D.Arch., FAIA, Chair and Janet and Gordon Lankton Professor, Design + Environmental Analysis, Cornell University
- Deborah M. Wingler, PhD, MDS-HHE, EDAC, Vice President and Healthcare Research Lead, HKS Inc.
- Terri Zborowsky, PhD, RN, EDAC, CPXP, Design Researcher, HGA
This workshop is presented by The Center for Health Design